Sunday, June 6, 2010

The First Signs

When I decided to make a larger herb garden and grow some peppers and tomatoes this year, I had my doubts that I would be very good at it or produce anything. My brother (who has had a pretty large garden for years and grown many things well) is constantly giving me little tips and educating me along the way. I was so excited a couple weeks ago to tell him I had my first sign of a pepper...I was thrilled! He then proceeded to tell me to pinch that one off...."the plants are too small right now, they need to root longer"....what?? So.... I'm past that now and watching patiently each day for new growth.


My basil is doing really well..........



I already had to remove some of the top leaves...so I decided to make bruschetta today





Doesn't that look delicious!






It's not much, but I'm finding that I love it......walking out there and seeing things grow makes me happy!


2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks amazing. I will be planting a herb garden this weekend...that is about all I can keep alive at this point. The bruscetta looks AMAZING..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I knew you had bruschetta and blueberry ice cream I would have invited myself for dinner! YUM!
    Jason's tomato's are coming along, and I bought some basil.

    ReplyDelete