Thursday, December 22, 2011

Almost Here!


Things have been moving at a pretty fast pace around our house this year. We have been out and about a lot this month and once again, I find myself shopping for Christmas on these last days. I always kick myself around mid-December for not shopping earlier. But, when I was out yesterday (I did take the day off and was out shopping around 10 am) the crowds weren't bad at all and I found that the stores were having some really great sales. Things I had debated on weeks ago, where on sale big time! So, I decided that my procrastination, this year, has paid paid off for me :)

So feeling pretty good about myself.....had the day off, got shopping done and wrapped a few gifts, I decided to make Patrick's favorite meal....spaghetti (one of my least favs ;) Only to realize, no sauce in the pantry. Okay, I'll make my own sauce.......and I still had some really great looking flat-leaf parsley in my herb garden and a little oregano and thyme, guess it just hasn't been cold long enough to kill all that back yet.

It turned out to be one of the best sauces I have every made and it was pretty quick and easy.....I will no longer Prego it ;)



So now I'm relaxing, made us a cup of hazelnut hot chocolate and I'm taking a minute to enjoy the house! Here is a look at our home dressed for the holidays......







From our home to yours......Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment