Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Charleston

We just spent Valentines weekend in Charleston, South Carolina. We visited Tony and Mary Beth at their new home on Sullivan's Island. It's a beautiful home and the island is pretty cool.


I have to say, I absolutely loved the downtown area in Charleston. It's a beautiful old city,  the homes that are there are gorgeous and so well maintained. I guess most of them built in the 1800's or earlier.



Every block there is something to see.......I was taken back by the gardens and alleys that we so neat and welcoming! It almost reminded me of the streets in Europe.






You have probably seen this picture many times, it's the famous rainbow row, the colors and homes that Charleston is know for.

It's lovely there and I can't wait to go back in warmer weather so I can take in more of the downtown area. The shopping was endless....so many cool places and the dining was excellent! Shrimp and grits and she-crab soup.....loved it!

We also stopped in to visit James, Kris and the kids. Had a great time with them. They will be there for 2 more years, so we will be going back soon!


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you made it back safe!! I love the pictures and may have to go there....soon!! I love to visit neat/different places. Good to hear that you all enjoyed it. Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so beautiful there! Why can't we all live in a place like that! It's just not fair. :) Glad you had a nice visit and made it home safely. Love the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete